Please note: This firmware updater does not work with the LS31, LS31LE, and LS41. Those headsets ship with the latest firmware already installed.
This firmware version includes the following changes from previous firmware versions:
- Adds separate game and chat audio devices when connected to a PC/Mac via USB only so that both volume wheels function without the need to use an optical cable.
- Adds the ability to turn Mic Monitor on/off (press and hold the mic mute button for 3 seconds).
- Fixes an issue where the headset will freeze up and the mic mute LED will always be on.
- Additional bug fixes.
Please follow the instructions below to update the LS30 and LS40 firmware:
1. Download and install the updater (installer located at the bottom of this article) on a Windows 7 or later PC.
2. Launch the updater.
3. Connect the USB base station to your computer.
4. Select the firmware package V2.2:
5. Click the update button and let the update complete:
6. When the update has completed successfully, the following screen will be displayed:
7. Now you need to update the headset side. The cable that is included with your headset is for charging only and won't support data. You will need to use another micro-USB cable to perform the update. Connect the headset to a USB port on the computer.
8. Select the firmware package V2.2:
9. Click the update button and let the update complete:
10. When the update has completed successfully, the following screen will be displayed:
Once the update is complete, please follow these steps to pair the headset to the USB base station again:
- Plug the dongle into a USB port on your console and turn on the console.
- Locate the small hole on the side of the dongle.
- Use a paperclip or similar device to press and hold the pairing button for 3 seconds. Release when the LED flashes twice then pauses and repeats. The dongle is now in pairing mode.
- Turn on the headset.
- Press and hold the power button on the headset for at least 7 seconds.
- The headset should now pair to the dongle and both the dongle and headset LEDs should now glow solid blue. Pairing is now complete.
If you have any issues, please submit a support ticket and we'll be happy to help.